Tis the season … for holiday parties!
This year, I have my own office holiday party to attend (and plan) plus my boyfriend’s company’s party. Here are some my recommendations from what I’ve learned over the years:
- See if you can get access to photos of previous years and ask around.
- Check out the venue and what the vibe is of the location.
- Comfort first.
You don’t want to trip in your heels and have colleagues think you’re the office lush.
- Dress in Green, Red, White, Gold, Silver, or Light Blue (aka colors that remind you of the holidays or evoke winter vibes).
- Have a little fun!
I swear this post is not sponsored by Hot Topic but all the dresses I considered this year are from their stores and site. I love their dresses because they tend to have a little air of fun to them since they are often “cosplay” dresses where you can really have some fun.
- Harley Quinn cocktail dress:
I am a bit more busty so I had to wear a cardigan over it. Extremely cute and fun though. Also, comfortable. Pairs great with simple black heels or flats.
- Cinderella cocktail dress:
Again, if you’re busty, may require a cardigan or scarf. The dress is also still has a lot of pouf and fun. You may look like a little ballerina though. This looks best with silver glitter heels.
- Poison Ivy gown:
For those holiday parties that are a bit fancier. I love this gown. I’d pair this with gold glitter heels.
- Fantastic Beasts Coat and 1920’s Style Dress:
Now this is a beauty and airy. Great for a fancier type party where you know no red wine might spill on it. For this, I recommend a nude colored or darker pink Mary Janes style heels.
What are you wearing to your holiday party this year? Send me links!